Sunday, October 22, 2006

Progress

Remember back on June 9 when I did a meme including my goals for the year? What?!?! You don't have every one of my goals committed to memory? Sheesh. Okay, okay. Here's a link. WHAT? You don't feel like clikcing on it? Oh, for crying out loud, what is wrong with you people. Fine. I'll list my goals here so that you may refresh your memories. (sighing loudly)

In the next year I will . . .

  • begin my conversion process. (See, I'm being decisive today.)
  • find a pre-school for my son.
  • find a way to get out of the house at least one day a week, whether it's
    through membership in some kind of organization, a class, or a part-time
    job.
  • find a babysitter so that my husband and I can go out more.
  • go on our very first vacation as a family of four.
  • enjoy every minute of my children's silliness.

Okay, to be perfectly honest, I had to cheat and look myself. So no hard feelings. But my reason for bringing this up is that I realize I've done several of these things already. Yay! And yeah, I know, many of them were not earth shattering. In fact, some of them are just silly. But still, I know life can throw things at us sometimes and knock us off our feet, and I am so thankful that I've been lucky enough to be able to move vaguely in the direction I wanted to go.

Let's see . . . well, the conversion process has not started yet. But I have become more active in the synagogue. I know that doesn't count.

My son has started preschool. It's a good preschool we picked, too, I have to say.

I'm getting out of the house a little more now because I've made some friends. I am also (drumroll please) preparing to begin some part-time work very soon. It's the kind of work that is unpredictable -- I have to wait for them to call me when my services are needed -- but I'm just a few days away from being officially on the list as a service provider. Yippee!

My friend now babysits for us sometimes. She's awesome!

We went on our family vacation back in July.

And I am still enjoying my kids' silliness. I squander a few moments here and there when I'm feeling overwhelmed or grouchy. I regret that. But I love them, those little boogers. They're such cuties. I'd do anything for them. Even convert.

But maybe not quite yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. If you're anything like me, writing down your goals half ensures that you'll actually pay attention to them. If I don't write something down, it doesn't get done. (And if I accidentally do something that wasn't on the list, I write it down -- and then relish the feeling of crossing it off.)

Keep getting out of the house! The fresh air is good for us dungeon dwellers.