Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We got home not long ago from a very nice Thanksgiving trip. My husband and I have had some nice Thanksgivings since we've been together, but I think this one was the best yet. For the first time, my husband and I didn't have to decide which side of the family to upset. This year my in-laws joined us at my parents' Thanksgiving dinner. It was nice -- for everyone, I think. Here are just a few of the things for which I am thankful.
  • my husband, who has made the last seven years of my life wonderful (and who is currently washing dishes, bless his heart)
  • my children, who make me laugh every day
  • my extended family, who welcomed my in-laws yesterday
  • my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, who braved one of my family's get-togethers
  • my health
  • the health of my loved ones
  • our home
  • my friends, both on- and off-line

There are other things, too. Lots of them. Like The DQ pumpkin pie Blizzard. And Glide dental floss. And naptime.

A belated Thanksgiving to you all, my readers. And that goes for both of you.

No comments: