Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Current Events Shopping

Can I just say that I love shopping carts made for two kids? My kids are extra cute in them. These days there are different kinds -- the cart with the massive blue or red plastic attachment with seats, and the traditional shopping cart made wider and with not one but two seats in the place where you used to put the eggs and the bread until you became a parent. And did I mention I love these carts?

My kids are so happy while riding in them. They chatter and sing and recite their ABC's and 123's. Passersby note my children with either smiles or raised eyebrows, depending on what is coming out of their mouths at the moment. If they are singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," we get smiles. If they are shouting, "David Hasselhoff! David Hasselhoff!" we get the raised eyebrows.

I have to blame that one on my husband, who is a Simpsons fan. He says there is an episode in which Lisa Simpson is shown as a baby with a knack for speaking, and Bart teaches her to say David Hasselhoff. So my husband, testing our daughter's abilities against Lisa Simpson's in the ultimate toddler assessment, asked her to say it. And she did. And so did my son. And they both do it all the time now.

Sure, our kids are weird. But they come by it naturally.

Hey, it could be worse. Most people have heard about David Hasselhoff's recent shaving injury, so my children's bizarre shouts are at least topical.

No comments: