Thursday, April 06, 2006

In Which I Unabashedly Brag About My Offspring

At sixteen months old, my daughter is saying a whole slew of words, well over a hundred at last count. I am amazed by her vocabulary, perhaps because it is so much more extensive than my son's was at that age. She not only tries to say almost everything, but she manages to say it all so cutely.

And now I shall bore you with a few of my favorites:

  • Rabbup (rabbit)
  • Boop (book)
  • Pup (up)
  • Puppies! (Up, please!)
  • ARRRROOOOOOO? (Where are you?)
  • Mac (macaroni and cheese)
  • Chee (cheese)
  • Bapple (apple)
  • Meel (mail)
  • Rayrer (Ranger, the neighbor's dog)
  • Brow (eyebrow)
  • Bobbum (bottom)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, so my background in language development and linguistics tells me why she says her words the way she does, but nothing, I tell you, nothing can explain that cuteness.

No comments: