Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Remarkable

"Cows! On!" my daughter yells.

And so I push the play button on the CD player. The Seldom Herd begin singing "Remarkable Cows," the second track on Sandra Boynton's CD Philadelphia Chickens, and both of my children begin bouncing on their knees on my son's toddler bed. The moment they detect the song is beginning to wind down, one or the other yells, "More cows!"

But I just stay put. The CD player is on repeat play. The song will start again automatically. The children never tire of it. Thank goodness, it's a good song. Otherwise I might have thrown the CD player out the window already. It takes a lot of repeats for it to get ultra-annoying. Not that I haven't been there. I'm just saying that, for a kids' song, it's pretty tolerable.

I have some pajamas that have cows on them. My son says they are remarkable cows. I am sure they are.

The other evening, my husband was reading an interesting article and, after telling me about part of it, called in to me, "Hey, honey, and you know what's remarkable?"

"Cows," I said.

Because they are.

A turn of the head, a swish of the tail, and a tippity-tap of the
toes. / What a glorious sight in black and white with a touch of pink at
the nose.

I can't get it out of my head. I don't want to be the only one with that song running through my head.

So please, click on the link above, scroll down, and take a listen.

Come on. Do it.

"Cows! On!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't. Stop. Listening.

AHHHHHH!!

Or is that MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Fluentsoul, you rock!

Susan said...

Cows
We're remarkable cows


I LOVE that cd, the whole thing, especially Snoozers and Please Can I Keep It? OH! And Philadelphia Chickens! My kids go around saying, "They're NEVER gonna keep 'em down on the farm."

Must hear cd NOW.

fluentsoul said...

Anonymous and Susan, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who really gets into that CD. I would enjoy it much more if I got to hear the other songs once in a while, though.